For the first time in our 18 years of exploring the best Tahiti has to offer from the water, we have made some changes to our program to get the most out of this amazing holiday.
Our Rally begins in Papeete with accomodation and airport transfer included on arrival. Fly from Papeete to Raiatea the next day, where the yachts are based and sail from Raiatea, one way to Bora Bora, visiting stunning places along the way. The sailing takes place over 7 days with day trips ashore available each day. The catamarans we use are like a house on water, providing all facilities such as hot and cold water, western toilets, a full kitchen sized fridge and private cabins with beds that are double size. Continue from Bora Bora to Huahine, just a 20 minute flight away, where you can dip your feet into the water from your very own private overwater bungalow also included in the yacht rally package.
In another first, our 2019 small group sailing tour will be hosted by Tahaa based Jennifer Westfall and professional French sailor Pierre Deligne.
If you ever dreamed of sailing in Tahiti, this is the perfect opportunity. We have 3 x Bali 4.5 Catamarans to fill and you can either reserve a whole boat with friends or simply, join by the cabin with a private ensuite.
* For a limited time flights from Sydney or Melbourne return are included. Contact us for further details (02 9966 1244 or Info@mariinerboating.com.au)
Your local technician
Pierre started out his sailing career as a young man teaching others how to sail off the Mediterranean coast. As he continued to pursue his love for sailing, he became a part of the French National team, racing in the America’s Cup and other prestigious races throughout Europe and the USA. Once he began sailing the Pacific, Pierre knew he had found his home. For the last 25 years, Pierre has sailed extensively throughout the Pacific, captaining charters and delivering boats in French Polynesia, Fiji, Tonga, New Caledonia, New Zealand and everywhere in between. For the last 5 years, the islands of Raiatea and Tahaa ,French Polynesia have been his home. Continuing his work as a captain of charter boats, Pierre enjoys sharing his extensive sailing knowledge and love for French Polynesia with others. When he isn’t sailing, you can find Pierre surfing or taking in the beauty of the islands from his beloved 60 ft. racing monohull “Lightspeed” from which he calls home.
Your local Host
As a California girl, Jennifer fell in love with French Polynesia the first time she visited Bora Bora as a young girl. With family that specialized in travel to French Polynesia, she had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout the islands throughout her life. Once Jennifer began sailing and experiencing the islands from this perspective, she knew she had to share this with others. In 2016, she followed her dream and started Te Mana Travels. Te Mana Travels specializes in small group travel and charters throughout French Polynesia. When she’s not sharing her passion for the islands with others, you can find Jennifer on her yoga mat, swimming or loving every animal that passes her way.
Your Photographer guide
This rally will take you sailing to paradise and along the way professional marine photographer, Andrea Francolini will be there to help you improve your photographic skills. Enjoy sailing in turquoise waters and once you set the anchor pull out your camera and start taking pictures which will have all your friends envy you while they live through the cold Australian winter. From DSRL to iphone, regardless of your level of photography Andrea will help you see things in a different way and make those small changes to how you shoot and take your photography a step up.
Mariner Boating Holidays will donate a percentage of the revenue from the trip to My First School founded by Andrea, so please support a worthy cause in Pakistan while you experience the nearest place to heaven on earth!
"A wonderful trip, Tahiti as a location was stunning. Loved the people, location and social camaraderie coupled with racing - a unique blend ! The one thing that makes it so special for me is visiting the 'out of the way places' that are less touristy and part of the authentic local culture" - Melanie T - 2016
Sole use: From AU$5,350 per person with 8 people sharing a Bali 4.5
Cabin charter: AU$5,975 per person on a double occupancy basis and includes a proffessional skipper
On the water
- 7 nights’ accommodation with private bathroom
- 24/7 support from experienced hosts
- 24/7 professional technical assistance for the yacht
- Security insurance damage waiver (reduces the limit of liability to Euro 750 in total)
- Comprehensive and Third Party Insurance for the yacht
- Onboard WiFi & Inverter
- 1 set of bed linen, bath + hand towel per person
- Standard navigation equipment
- End of charter cleaning
- Welcome Pack
- Dinghy & outboard motor
- Snorkeling gear
On the Land
- 2 nights’ accommodation in an overwater bungalow in Huahine with breakfast
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the Manava Hotel in Papeete with breakfast
- All group transfers between flights within Tahiti
- 4 dinners ashore during the sailing itinerary
- Race management
- Daily weather updates
- All international and inter-island flights
- If you require a skipper the total cost is AU$2,100 plus food
- Optional post yacht rally extension tour
- Personal travel insurance
- Reduced refundable yacht security deposit payable at the base
- On board provisioning
- Fuel for the yacht and outboard motor (Estimate AU$286 total)
- Cooking gas
- Kayaks and stand up paddle boards available upon request
- A booking form and deposit of AU$1,500 per person is required to confirm a booking on the yacht rally
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuation until paid in full
- Credit card transactions are subject to merchant fees
- The itinerary and prices are correct at the time of issue but subject to changes without notice
- Accommodation is on a double occupancy basis and subject to availability
- Single supplements apply
Prices to self-sail are dependant on final crew numbers filling the yacht, prices are as follows
||AU$ 5,975 per person
||AU$ 5,675 per person
||AU$ 5,350 per person
Alternatively join by the cabin on a professionally skippered Bali 4.5, each cabin comes with a private ensuite. Price is AU$ 5,975 per person based on double occupancy.
Single Supplement AU$4,735
Contact us for further details on 02 9966 1244