Murray River Paddle Steamer Experience
08 February to 14 February 2021
From AU$3,100 per person twin share
From the earliest days of the Echuca area, growth and development has been intimately linked with the Murray River System. Trade and communication depended on the river.
The PS Emmylou, built in 1980 and named after the country singer Emmylou Harris, has hosted thousands of guests. In the TV series All the Rivers Run she was renamed the PS Providence.
The river banks we will pass have abandoned steamboats and barges, tall red gum wharfs and small towns that show evidence of once having been much larger. Old station homesteads facing the river, are constant reminders to the river traveller of the days when hundreds of steamers traded along the Murray, opening up large areas in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. For many settlers the steamers were the only source of supply and contact with the outside world.
All cabins are freshly refurbished with plush new bedding and fine linen.
All include ensuite shower and WC.
Prices also include all meals, bottled water, espresso coffee, all gratuities.
• Designer twin, double, queen cabins
• The Emmylou Suite for an added touch of luxury and space
• All with private ensuites
• Air conditioned cabins
• After dinner riverside campfire
• Visit Barmah Wetlands for an Eco Cruise
• Sample small goods at Pacdon Park
• Visit the largest winery of the region, St Anne’s for a cellar tour and complimentary tastings
• Enjoy fresh seasonal local produce prepared by your onboard Chef
• Sample a variety of locally produced wines
• Native wildlife in their natural environment
• Local Skipper Commentary
• Complimentary transfer to/from local Hotels & Echuca Train Station
• Secure parking for 6 days
• Onboard Accommodation for 6 nights
• Onshore tour
• Weir Interpretive Centre
• Perricoota Station
• Chef prepared breakfast, lunch & dinners
• Morning & afternoon teas
• Complimentary Wifi throughout the boat
• Espresso Coffee, Tea & Bottled Water
• All Gratuities
Please note there is a bar available to purchase alcoholic beverages but these are not included in the price.
Wine can be purchased at the wineries along the way but can not be consumed aboard.
Relax in the warm inviting atmosphere of the 1800’s without sacrificing any creature comforts
Prices are per person in Australian Dollars.
2 x Twin cabins: $3,100 pp twin occupancy
2 x Double cabins: $3,170 pp double occupancy
3 x Queen cabins: $3,260 pp double occupancy
1 x Emmylou queen suite: $3,670 pp double occupancy
Please contact us if you have any further questions on +61 2 9966 1244 or enquire below: