Some important factors to note when ever you consider any sailing holiday is the following:
Mariner Boating Holidays cooperates with three RYA schools in Australia:
- A valid sailing license is mandatory for the skipper of a charter yacht, regardless of the sailing experience of the skipper.
- A VHF radio license is also mandatory for at least one member of the crew.
- The insurance companies who cover the charter fleets will not pay insurance claims for damage or loss if the skipper does not have a license
- The ICC (International Certificate of Competence) or the RYA Day Skipper Certificate are the acceptable minimum qualifications.
- An ICC assessment can be done with these schools regardless of any prior sailing training you may have done.
- The ICC assessment is a combination of theory and practical and can be done on your own boat or on a vessel operated by the school. It will take about 4 hours.
- The assessment may indicate the need for attention to certain areas, which may in turn point to the need for more formal training.
Take your knowledge to sea
- Flying Fish Sail Academy in Sydney - Andy Fairclough (Phone: 9969 8590)
- Yachtmaster in Melbourne – Gordon Syme (Phone: 03 9699 9235)
- Sunshine Sailing in Mooloolooba – John Bankart (Phone:07 5478 2299)
- Above and Beyond Boating in Sydney – Neil Driscoll (Phone: 02 9999 6000)
What better way to practice your skills and take a fantastic sailing holiday at the same time – still with professional coaching available. Join Mariner Boating on the Spain Mallorca Yacht Rally
from 3 to 17 October, 2020 and sail around the island of Mallorca, starting and finishing in Palma. An RYA qualified instructor will accompany the rally and provide coaching as you sail with your crew from one port to the next. Casual theory sessions ashore and direct consultation with the instructor will be possible during the two weeks of the rally.