Booking Terms and Conditions
- Credit Card: We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please Note the following surcharges apply: MasterCard / Visa incur a 2.00% and American Express a 3.08% per transaction
- Cheque: payable to ‘Mariner Boating Holidays’
- Direct Deposit: Please phone 02 9966 1244 to obtain our BSB and Account NUmber, or refer to your invoice
Terms and conditions
- Yachts will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis. Your yacht can only be confirmed (subject to availability) after a holding deposit and signed booking form is received from each crew member.
- A non-refundable deposit of AU$1,500 per person and a signed booking form is required to confirm your participation on a Mariner Boating Yacht Rally. Mariner Boating Holidays are unable to confirm your reservation until both requirements are fulfilled.
- Yacht Rally balance payments are due 90 days prior to the start date of the the Yacht Rally you are participating on, unless otherwise specified on your invoice.
- Yacht Rallies requires a minimum of 30 passengers to guarantee the departure. A group size of less than 30 people may incur a marginal price increase to insure the departure.
- The Yacht Rally package price is calculated based on the total number of paying crew members on your yacht.
- Proof of appropriate sailing experience, a formal qualififcation and a VHF radio operators licence certificate is a legal requirement of bareboat yacht chartering.
- A refundable security deposit is payable upon check in of a bareboat charter yacht. This security bond is to cover damage/loss that may be incurred during charter
- Additional travel arrangements booked through Mariner Boating Holidays may require further holding deposits. Once a booking is made with an operator for travel services such as hotel accommodation, car hire, airlines, tours etc. changes to your booking will incur amendment and service fees.
- Hotel accommodation in the holiday package is based on twin/double share. A single supplement is required for single room occupancy.
- Airlines reserve the right to change prices without notice and airfare prices are subject to seat availability in the class offered & booked. Airfares are subject to rules & regulations specified by the airline. Airline & airport taxes are subject to change due to government regulation and currency fluctuations.
- If you require assistance with airfares or land arrangements in conjunction with your Yacht Rally booking, Travel Counsellors are our preferred Travel Agent partner.
- Mariner Boating Holidays Yacht Rallies are quoted in Australian Dollars. Significant fluctuations in foreign currency may incur surcharges for bookings that are not paid in full.
- You can visit www.smartraveller.gov.au for travel advisory information.
- Please note Visas may be required for entry to certain destinations. To confirm whether one is required for your specific travel please refer to the following link: www.visalink.com.au
- Mariner Boating acts as an agent for the operators involved in this package and is not liable for the failure of any operator to deliver the requested services.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended by Mariner Boating Holidays. Travellers should ensure they have a valid policy at time of booking.
Your travel insurance policy must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the heads of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. As the event organisers we require a copy of the policy and the emergency contact number so we can act in assistance with confidence. Mariner Boating Holidays offers Suresave Travel Insurance. We have negotiated a waiver on a usual exclusion of cover regarding racing and personal liability whilst using watercraft.
- The Yacht Rally deposit of $1,500 per person is non-refundable.
- Cancellations must be advised in writing
- Cancellations within 90 days of departure may incur 100% cancellation fee
- Payments forwarded to third party operators on the traveller’s behalf are subject to the operator’s terms and conditions. Cancellation may incur operator cancellation fees in addition to the Mariner Boating Holidays cancellation fee. Please ask your consultant for a copy of the operator’s terms and conditions
Agency booking fees
MasterCard and Visa 2%
Preparation of detailed Travel Itinerary fee
AU$110 per itinerary
Rail booking fee AU$15 per person per ticket
Land transfer fee
AU$15 per person per transfer
General Travel Amendment Fees
Changes to booked travel AU$30 per change
Travel Insurance Claim assistance for non-Mariner Policy
AU$50 per claim